The world of web accessibility can be overwhelming to navigate on one’s own. Thankfully, we don’t have to. Andrea Skeries, web developer at Geonetric and web accessibility specialist, guides me and anyone willing to learn through some of the important accessibility (a11y) considerations of today. She is also host of a public meetup here in CR on the issue of accessibility and user experience and design. Listen to the episode for great tips on how to make your web (and other digital) materials more accessible.
Links to some resources mentioned during our conversation:
- Meetup: Iowa Web Accessibility, UX & Inclusive Design
- List of links for Automated testing tools (including Tenon and HTML Code Sniffer)
- Andrea Skeries on Twitter @artistic_abode
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- International Association of Accessibility Professionals
- A11y wins